Parents can agree that art is very important for kids, it stirs the imagination and gives a sense of wonder. But, did you know that art in education can help children develop vital educational and leadership skills that can be applied to every aspect of their lives?
Here are some important skills that students can learn from art education:
- Creativity. (Being able to think on your feet, approach tasks from different perspectives and think ‘outside of the box’.)
- Confidence. (Through practice, students improve and gain confidence and it helps them trust in their own abilities.)
- Focus. (Studying and practicing each type of art takes a great deal of focus which is a key skill developed through ensemble work. )
- Self-expression. (The main function of art is creative self-expression, it can bring new and surprising information into our thinking and feeling patterns.)
- Observation. (When creating art, you must be aware of all of your surroundings, observe and look closer to objects as they are presented before you.)
- Discipline. (Discipline is a must when practicing and creating art. Students must pay attention to their educator, study the technique, follow instruction and take constructive advice in order to progress as an artist. )
- Perseverance. (Learning art does not come overnight. It may take decades for an artist to master their craft, perseverance is essential to achieving success.)
- Dedication. (Developing healthy work habits and putting effort into the success of the final piece of art.)
- Open-mindedness. (Art can change our innate ways of thinking and how we see the world.)
- Risk-taking. (Confidence to try new things, experiment with the unknown and formulate their own conclusions.)
- Solve problems. (As children dive into creating art and develop their artistic skills they also discover which creative process works best for them, they also learn how to see something as a challenge they can tackle instead of a problem.)
I am happy to share my experience and knowledge with the kids to encourage them to create art and not be afraid of this fascinating world of art!
I have prepared different art projects to develop core skills, techniques and driving kids passion for ART! Equally as important, art programs have the ability to develop the visual-spatial skills in children and allows for the development of their skills in how to interpret and use visual information.
During weekly class, your artist will be making some incredible art using various mediums including drawing, painting, and mixed media. One hour per week is a very short time to finish a painting but I had students who have managed to finish their artwork, if not we can continue on the next lesson or kids can finish it at home and then show me the results.
Art Classes organized at Tyrrelstown Community Centre:
Day: Tuesday, 16:00 – 17:00
Day: Wednesday, 16:00 – 17:00
Possible for switching lessons to Saturday!
Location: Tyrrelstown Community Centre, Dublin 15.
Age group: kids program for ages 5-12 years
€40 – One-month membership (4 art classes).
Unleash your Child’s Creativity!
Here is a window into our Creative Art Class:
On Wednesday – the children painted their own Indian elephant. All of the kids did a lovely painting.
I really like the nice colorful line made with a felt-tip pen, by the way, it is the student’s idea. Very creative kids in Tyrrelstown. Love you all!
In this lesson, we were exploring color & shapes – drawing magical houses. Hammad told me he can’t draw houses however his artwork is on this cover and I really love it. The kids were so creative. Here is the window into our Creative Art Class.
“An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail.” – Dr. Edwin Land
We believe in encouraging the pure creative mind of a young child!